This certificate program is an ideal option for new managers, supervisors, and those transitioning into a leadership role. The program focuses on the management of local agency and public works organizations and operations.
Our courses are instructed by public works professionals and are designed to further your understanding of topics such as:
- Organization and functions of public works and public works professionals
- Technical functions undertaken by public works professionals, with an emphasis on roadway design, construction, and maintenance
- Advanced concepts in public works operations and maintenance
- Effective creation and delivery of workplace and technical documents
Your accomplishment won't go unnoticed. When you complete your final course, MnLTAP will send confirmation letters to you and your supervisor and a press release to your local newspaper. Graduates for the year are honored during a ceremony at the Minnesota Roadway Maintenance Training and Demo Day or the Fall Maintenance Expo and announced in MnLTAP publications.
Students who complete their coursework by December 31 are considered part of the graduating class for that year.
To receive this certificate, students must earn four credits within five years by completing the following courses:
- Transitioning into Leadership: Essential Skills for Supervisors
- Writing that Works! Communications Skills for Construction
- Management Operations and Maintenance Fundamentals
- Administration and Management Basics Online Course
Please contact Katherine Stanley at 612-626-1023 or firstname.lastname@example.org.