This certificate program is designed for local agency maintenance and MnDOT personnel who are committed to learning new skills and expanding their knowledge in the latest road and bridge innovations and best practices.
As a participant, you'll learn proven techniques and get information on how the latest technologies and innovations can be applied to your particular maintenance problems. Our courses are instructed by public works professionals and designed to further your understanding of topics such as:
- Drainage and vegetation
- Road management and maintenance
- Traffic control and work-zone safety
- Worker safety
- Math basics
Your accomplishment won't go unnoticed. When you complete your final course, MnLTAP will send confirmation letters to you and your supervisor and a press release to your local newspaper. Graduates for the year are honored during a ceremony at the Minnesota Roadway Maintenance Training and Demo Day or the Fall Maintenance Expo and announced in MnLTAP publications.
Students who complete their coursework by December 31 are considered part of the graduating class for that year.
Students must earn eight credits within five years from eligible workshops, training events, and online courses. Only training activities that satisfy the required subjects, topics, and training hours will be considered for credit for this program.
Expand the sections below to see all workshops and online courses eligible for Maintenance Certificate credit in each topic area. Not all trainings are offered at all times; see individual workshop pages for schedule and credit details.
Road Management and Maintenance
- Asphalt Pavement Rehabilitation: Products, Processes, and Strategies
- Best Practices: Corridor Management/Maintenance of Paved Recreational Trails
- Concrete Pavement Preservation for Local Streets and Roads
- Extending Pavement Life through Pavement Preservation Techniques, Strategies, and Preventative Maintenance
- FHWA Gravel Roads Online Courses for Local and Tribal Agencies
- FHWA Maintenance Online Courses for Local and Tribal Agencies
- FHWA Motor-Grader Operator Online Course
- Fundamentals of Construction Inspection Online Course
- Gravel Road Maintenance and Design
- Gravel Road Maintenance and Design Online Course
- MnDOT’s Minnesota Snowplow and Safety Simulator Training for Local Agencies
- Motor Grader Operator Training
- Pavement Preservation for HMA Pavements: Crack Sealing, Chip Sealing, and Microsurfacing
Traffic Control and Safety
- Minnesota’s Best Practices for Traffic Sign Maintenance and Management
- Sign Maintenance and Management for Local Agencies Online Course
- Traffic Sign Maintenance/Management and Sign Retroreflectivity Training
- Work-Zone Safety Orientation Online Course
- Work-Zone Safety, Temporary Traffic Control, and Flagging Online Training Series
- Work-Zone Traffic Control Seminar