The MnLTAP Steering Committee governs the tactical implementation of program activities and the expenditure of program funds. The committee works with the program director to make sure the funding organization's requirements are met.
The Steering Committee meets at least twice each year to provide direction to and approval of program activities, including annual plans, work programs, and budgets. Committee members are selected based on their interest in contributing to transportation technology transfer. They provide input into identifying local agency training and technology transfer needs and priorities.
Members also review and provide feedback and suggest improvements for LTAP program services and special projects, and they provide LTAP staff with information regarding technology transfer/research implementation opportunities and success stories. In addition, members act as a communication liaison for their respective organizations by identifying partnership opportunities and exchanging information about the state and national LTAP programs.
- Kristine Elwood, ChairAssistant Commissioner, State Aid, MnDOT
- Lon AuneCounty Engineer, Marshall CountyChair, Minnesota Local Road Research Board
- Ross BeckwithDirector of Public Works/City Engineer, City of West St. PaulRepresenting City Engineers Association of MN
- Mark DucheneDirector of Engineering, City of FaribaultRepresenting City Engineers Association of MN
- Jed FalgrenAssistant District Engineer Office of Maintenance, MnDOT
- Tim KiefferDirector of Public Works, City of Golden ValleyRepresenting Minnesota Street Superintendents Association
- Jeff KruegerExecutive Director, Minnesota Association of Townships
- Will ManchesterCity Engineer, City of MinnetonkaRepresenting LRRB Research Implementation Committee
- JinYeen NeumannCounty Engineer, Carlton CountyRepresenting Minnesota County Engineers Association
- Tim PlathDeputy Director of Public Works, City of EaganRepresenting American Public Works Association – MN
- Kyle SheltonDirectorCenter for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota
- Jason SpilakLocal Programs Engineer, Federal Highway Administration
- Katie WalkerDirector, Office of Research & Innovation, MnDOT
- Andrew WitterPublic Works Director/County Engineer, Sherburne CountyRepresenting Minnesota County Engineers Association