Local Operational Research Assistance (OPERA) Program
A program of the Minnesota Local Road Research Board
Have you ever wondered if the results of your fiddling in the shop would interest other maintenance workers or supervisors? Do you need funding to develop your ideas?
If so, the Minnesota Local Road Research Board's Local Operational Research Assistance Program is for you. With Local OPERA, you can share your ideas with other agencies and road crews and get the funding you need to bring your ideas to life.
OPERA's purpose is to:
- Fund and share innovations in operations, construction, and maintenance relating to methods, materials, and equipment.
- Encourage a safe, efficient, and environmentally sound transportation network.
The program funds projects up to $10,000 through a request-for-proposal process.
These videos highlight a variety of projects completed with funding from the Local OPERA Program.
- Bobcat Asphalt Curb Machine (City of Wabasha)
- Concrete Form Hook Box (City of Golden Valley)
- Skid Loader Attachment Hook Box (City of Golden Valley)
- Foam Adjustment Rings for Manholes (City of Eden Prairie)
- Traffic Control Response Trailer (City of Lakeville)
- Catch Basin Trailer (City of Lakeville)
- Snowalker (City of Glenwood)
- Mini Paver (City of Cottage Grove)
With questions about the program or for more information, please contact Mindy Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-626-1077.