Students must earn eight credits within five years to earn their Roads Scholar: Maintenance Operations and Technical Certificate. Only training activities that satisfy the required subjects, topics, and training hours will be considered for credit for this program. Both in-person workshops and online courses are available for Roads Scholar credit.
Minnesota LTAP periodically adds new workshops, updates the content of existing workshops, and discontinues others. The number of credits awarded for a workshop are subject to change.
The following upcoming workshops are eligible for Roads Scholar credit. Detailed information about workshop topics, dates, times, and locations are available on each workshop page.
Work-Zone Traffic Control Seminar
Dates: March–April 2018
Locations: Brooklyn Center, Duluth, Lakeville, Roseville, St. Cloud
Minnesota Truck-Weight Education Training
Dates: March–April 2018
Locations: Alexandria, Arden Hills, Baxter, Bloomington, Detroit Lakes, Duluth, Mankato, Renville, Rochester, St. Cloud, Thief River Falls, Windom
Gravel Road Maintenance and Design
Dates: April 2018
Locations: Duluth, Thief River Falls
Transitioning into Leadership: Essential Skills for Supervisors
Dates: April 25, 2018
Minnesota Roadway Maintenance Training and Demo Day
Date: May 17, 2018
This workshop, eligible for Roads Scholar credit, is planned for spring 2018. More information about dates and locations will be added as it becomes available. The planned schedule is subject to change.
These online training courses are always available.
- Culvert Installation and Maintenance for Local Agencies (1 credit)
- Sign Maintenance and Management for Local Agencies (1 credit)
- Gravel Road Maintenance and Design (1 credit)
- Turfgrass Pathology Course (1 credit)
- LTAP Webinars (0.25 credit each)
These on-demand workshops are available for scheduling at your location. Each workshop is worth 0.5 credit.
- Asphalt Pavement Maintenance and Preservation (CTAP)
- Culvert Installation and Maintenance (CTAP)
- Gravel Road Maintenance/Dust Control (CTAP)
- MnDOT Mobile Driver Simulator Training
- Roadside Vegetation Management and Erosion Sediment Control (CTAP)
- Snow and Ice Control Material Application (CTAP)
- Snowplow Salt and Sander Controller Calibration Hands-on Workshop (CTAP)
- Work-Zone Safety, Temporary Traffic Control, and Flagging (CTAP)