Students must earn eight credits within five years to earn their Roads Scholar: Maintenance Operations and Technical Certificate. Only training activities that satisfy the required subjects, topics, and training hours will be considered credit for this program. Both in-person workshops and online courses are available for Roads Scholar credit.
Minnesota LTAP periodically adds new workshops, updates the content of existing workshops, and discontinues others. The number of credits awarded for a workshop are subject to change.
The following upcoming workshops are eligible for Roads Scholar credit. Detailed information about workshop topics, dates, times, and locations are available on each workshop page.
Minnesota Truck-Weight Education Training
Dates: September 2017
Locations: Bemidji, Mankato, St. Cloud
These online training courses are always available.
- Culvert Installation and Maintenance for Local Agencies (1 credit)
- Sign Maintenance and Management for Local Agencies (1 credit)
- Gravel Road Maintenance and Design (1 credit)
- Turfgrass Pathology Course (1 credit)
- LTAP Webinars (0.25 credit each)