Students must earn eight credits within five years to earn their Roads Scholar: Maintenance Operations and Technical Certificate. Only training activities that satisfy the required subjects, topics, and training hours will be considered for credit for this program. Both in-person workshops and online courses are available for Roads Scholar credit.
Minnesota LTAP periodically adds new workshops, updates the content of existing workshops, and discontinues others. The number of credits awarded for a workshop are subject to change.
The following upcoming workshops are eligible for Roads Scholar credit. Detailed information about workshop topics, dates, times, and locations are available on each workshop page.
Minnesota Truck-Weight Education Training
Dates: September 2019
Locations: Duluth, Rochester, St. Cloud
Best Practices: Corridor Management/Maintenance of Paved Recreational Trails
Dates: September–October 2019
Locations: Baxter, Maple Grove, Rochester
Minnesota Fall Maintenance Expo
Dates: October 2–3, 2019
Locations: St. Cloud
Credit: 1.0 (0.5 per day)
Road Salt Symposium
Dates: October 24, 2019
Locations: Vadnais Heights
These online training courses are always available.
- Culvert Installation and Maintenance for Local Agencies (1 credit)
- Sign Maintenance and Management for Local Agencies (1 credit)
- Gravel Road Maintenance and Design (1 credit)
- Installation and Management of Roadside Turfgrasses (1 credit)
- Turfgrass Pathology Course (1 credit)
- LTAP Webinars (0.25 credit each)
These on-demand workshops are available for scheduling at your location. Each workshop is worth 0.5 credit.
- Asphalt Pavement Maintenance and Preservation (CTAP)
- Culvert Installation and Maintenance (CTAP)
- Gravel Road Maintenance/Dust Control (CTAP)
- MnDOT Mobile Driver Simulator Training
- Roadside Vegetation Management and Erosion Sediment Control (CTAP)
- Snow and Ice Control Material Application (CTAP)
- Snowplow Salt and Sander Controller Calibration Hands-on Workshop (CTAP)
- Work-Zone Safety, Temporary Traffic Control, and Flagging (CTAP)