Temporary Traffic Control Zone Layouts Field Manual (2014)
This edition contains typical traffic control layouts that all state, county and city roadway operations staff should use.
- Temporary Traffic Control Zone Layouts Field Manual is available for free online.
- MnDOT provides an order form to purchase print copies.
- Low Volume Rural Street or Highway (Supplemental Guidebook, 2016)
- Low Volume Urban Residential Street (Supplemental Guidebook, 2016)
Minnesota Flagging Handbook (2014)
Developed by MnDOT, this illustrated handbook provides basic guidelines for flagging operations. It covers equipment, flagging position, flagging situations, procedures, nighttime flagging, flagging at intersections, and proper conduct.
These select websites, compiled by Minnesota LTAP, can help you find more information on this topic.
- Minnesota Local Road Research Board (Please go to the LRRB website and use the search tool to find resources about this topic.)
- MnDOT Work Zone
- FHWA Work Zone Safety and Mobility Program
- National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse
These pre-constructed searches can help you find current resources on this topic.
The Minnesota LTAP Librarian can help you find and obtain LTAP and CTS publications and research, as well as transportation-related materials from other libraries and databases.
Please call 612-624-3646 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.