Minnesota LTAP Workplace Safety Tips
To help you avoid injuries and stay safe on the job, Minnesota LTAP has created safety tip sheets covering topics from scaffolding to fleet safety.
- Abrasive Wheel Machinery and Tools (107 KB PDF) | Poster size version (24" x 36") (107 KB PDF)
- Fleet Safety: Backing Accidents (111 KB PDF)
- Forklift Operation (117 KB PDF)
- Heat Stress (108 KB PDF)
- Ladders (113 KB PDF)
- Safe Lifting Techniques (109 KB PDF)
- Medical Services at Construction Job Sites (109 KB PDF)
- Personal Fall-Protection Systems (112 KB PDF)
- Scaffolding 101: The Basics (108 KB PDF)
- Excavation Requirements (104 KB PDF)
- Aerial Lifts (164 KB PDF)
- Crane Swing Radius (169 KB PDF)
- Competent Person (169 KB PDF)
- Portable Power Tools (165 KB PDF)
- Means of Egress (167 KB PDF)
- Hard Hats (163 KB PDF)
- Warning Lines (162 KB PDF)
- Safety Training and Education (166 KB PDF)
- Rigging Equipment for Material Handling (165 KB PDF)
- Site Safety and Clean-up (171 KB PDF)
- Safety Shoes and Boots (184 KB PDF)
- Mowing Operations (182 KB PDF)
These select websites, compiled by Minnesota LTAP, can help you find more information on this topic.
- Minnesota Local Road Research Board (Please go to the LRRB website and use the search tool to find resources about this topic.)
- Minnesota Safety Council
- FHWA Worker Safety
- U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- Injury Prevention Web
- National Safety Council
These pre-constructed searches can help you find current resources on this topic.
- WorldCat.org: Workplace or Occupational Safety
- MnDOT/CTS library catalog: Workplace/Occupational Safety
The Minnesota LTAP Librarian can help you find and obtain LTAP and CTS publications and research, as well as transportation-related materials from other libraries and databases.
Please call 612-624-3646 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.