Template for Tracking Employee Training Courses
This training template can be used by supervisors and training coordinators to keep track of their staff's required training. General courses have been provided across the top of the document, but they are easily editable. Input the employee names in the left column and then use the training log to easily track who has taken and completed training.
- Download the training template (35 KB XLS)
Fleet & Equipment Management Job Aids
These heavy equipment job aids, created by the Minnesota Department of Transportation, can be used to enhance instruction when working with and around specific equipment and procedures. The instructor or trainer may adapt these aids to fit the needs of the agency.
- Equipment Walk Around Procedure (61 KB PDF)
- Skid Steer Loader Training Outline (18 KB PDF)
- Loader Level 2 Training Outline (18 KB PDF)
- Loader Level 2 Supervisor Checklist (39 KB PDF)
- Skid Steer Loader Equipment Training/Qualification Form (39 KB PDF)
- Loader Level 1 Equipment Training/Qualification Form (120 KB PDF)
Part-time, seasonal, and new employees need to be trained—and quickly—but many agencies struggle to find the time to do it. One alternative is training videos. These videos offer training about bobcats, forklifts, dump trucks, bulldozers, and graders.