Fleet and Equipment Management
Here's a list of select resources compiled by Minnesota LTAP.
Major Equipment Life-Cycle Cost Analysis
This report concluded that when deciding to replace a piece of equipment, engine efficiency should be a high priority due to the costs associated with the time factor, engine factor, and its subsequent annual usage.
Fleet & Equipment Management Job Aids
These heavy equipment job aids, created by the Minnesota Department of Transportation, can be used to enhance instruction when working with and around specific equipment and procedures. The instructor or trainer may adapt these aids to fit the needs of the agency.
- Equipment Walk Around Procedure (61 KB PDF)
- Skid Steer Loader Training Outline (18 KB PDF)
- Loader Level 2 Training Outline (18 KB PDF)
- Loader Level 2 Supervisor Checklist (39 KB PDF)
- Skid Steer Loader Equipment Training/Qualification Form (39 KB PDF)
- Loader Level 1 Equipment Training/Qualification Form (120 KB PDF)
These select websites, compiled by Minnesota LTAP, can help you find more information on this topic.
- Minnesota Local Road Research Board (Please go to the LRRB website and use the search tool to find resources about this topic.)
- MnDOT Fleet Equipment and Contracts
These pre-constructed searches can help you find current resources on this topic.
The Minnesota LTAP Librarian can help you find and obtain LTAP and CTS publications and research, as well as transportation-related materials from other libraries and databases.
Please call 612-624-3646 or e-mail email@example.com.